Employment Opportunities 2021
Podere di Melo is a new farm in Lambertville NJ. We are a family-owned farm that specializes in food from the Italian and French countryside. Our products include vegetables, eggs, broilers, and pigs. We are a biointensive farm that emphasizes organic growing practices, local sourcing, and pasture-based meat production.
All positions for 2021 are currently filled. However, we often need additional help during the season and may need to add more farm associates to address increased business.
Farm associate tasks include but are not limited to:
- Planting, harvesting, washing, and packaging vegetables;
- Bed cultivation and prep (involves using a BCS walk-behind tractor);
- Delivering to local restaurants;
- Care of livestock (chickens and pigs);
- Weeding and minor landscaping;
- Working in farm store (on-site) or farmers markets (off-site).
Candidates should be 18 years or older, possess a valid driver’s license, in good health, and be able to:
- Work outdoors in good or bad weather;
- Work without supervision;
- Lift 50 lbs;
- Have no allergies to dogs, bees, or other common organisms found on a farm;
- Work with various farm animals (e.g. chickens, pigs, horses, etc.).
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we review your resume, we will contact you to discuss the role and your interest/qualifications.