Intern Positions for 2020
Podere di Melo is a new farm in Lambertville NJ. We are a family-owned farm that specializes in food from the Italian and French countryside. Our products include vegetables, eggs, broilers, and pigs. We are a biointensive farm that emphasizes organic growing practices, local sourcing, and pasture-based meat production.
Podere di Melo will be hiring two part-time interns in 2020.
The first position is for an experienced farm intern (minimum of two years of experience with a vegetable farm, preferably organic). This position can start as early as May 1st and last until about the end of September. Exact dates are flexible. Workload is about 20hrs/week. Salary is dependent on experience.
The second position is for a less experienced intern (none or 1 year experience). Dates of employment are the same as the above position. Workload is variable (10-20 hrs week). Salary is $12/hr with increases possible for hard-working, effective candidates.
Responsibilities for both positions include but are not limited to:
- Planting, harvesting, washing, and packaging vegetables;
- Bed cultivation and prep (involves using a BCS walk-behind tractor);
- Delivering to local restaurants;
- Care of livestock (chickens and pigs);
- Weeding and minor landscaping;
- Working in farm store (on-site) or farmers markets (off-site).
Candidates should be 18 years or older, possess a valid driver’s license, in good health, and be able to:
- Work outdoors in good or bad weather;
- Work without supervision;
- Lift 50 lbs;
- Have no allergies to dogs, bees, or other common organisms found on a farm;
- Work with various farm animals (e.g. chickens, pigs, horses, etc.).
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we review your resume, we will contact you to discuss the role and your interest/qualifications.